Thursday, April 12, 2012

a beginning

Here we go,

a blog about our journey as vegans!

It feels just right to be here. To talk about the things we've learned as a family, and are learning. To be advocates. To speak out. To try and give some voice to the voiceless.

 


We've been vegan now since October 2011. We're doing great, feeling healthy. The kids love being vegan and feel completely passionate about it. We're eating so, so well. I can't wait to post recipes, and share some of the yummy goodness we've been having.

I'll also be posting information about veganism, about animal welfare, and the health and environmental benefits of not eating or using animal products. Plus I'll be telling my own vegan stories. I love telling stories :)

Some people might say this is me going all "Vegangelical " (what a wild and beautiful term!). But I believe you can only change the world by living your truth and speaking up for what you believe in. Otherwise… are you truly living?

There are so many reasons we're vegan. If I try to sum it up, I suppose it comes down to this: we don't want to contribute to the suffering of animals. We want to avoid being part of an industry that makes animals experience sorrow, discomfort, pain, fear, and death, all to provide food that we simply do not need to eat.

A few days ago, I watched a 2010 interview with Ellen DeGeneres. From 15:30 to 20:00, she talks about why she is vegan. The kids watched it with me, and at some point, my girl turned to me and said, "Wow, Mum. Is she us?"

Everything she said, especially about the welfare of factory-farmed animals, is what we feel. Deeply.

http://youtu.be/loZJpWEMJAE


Let the stories begin.

credit


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful idea to join the vegan world in a public forum. I hope lots of people enter your world which is our world and a hopeful world.

    ReplyDelete